The Outer Banks Voice: Your Guide to the Best of the Outer Banks
The Outer Banks Voice: Your Guide to the Best of the Outer Banks is a great resource for anyone looking to explore the Outer Banks. The book provides an overview of the area, including its history, geography, and attractions. It also includes tips on where to eat, drink, and stay, as well as what to see and do while you’re there. Whether you’re planning a trip or just looking to learn more about this beautiful region, The Outer Banks Voice is the perfect guide.
1) The Outer Banks Voice – Your Guide to the Best of the Outer Banks
Welcome to the Outer Banks Voice, your guide to the best of the Outer Banks. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about the OBX, from the best places to eat and drink, to the best activities and attractions. We’ll also keep you up to date on the latest news and events happening on the island. So whether you’re a local looking for the latest scoop, or a visitor planning your next vacation, be sure to check back often!
2) Outer Banks Attractions – A Must-See for Every Traveler
The Outer Banks is a beautiful coastal area in North Carolina that offers plenty of activities and attractions for visitors. Here are two of the best Outer Banks attractions that you won’t want to miss:
The Wright Brothers National Memorial
This memorial is dedicated to the Wright brothers, who are credited with inventing the airplane. The memorial features a replica of the Wright brothers’ first airplane, as well as a museum with exhibits about their life and work. Visitors can also take a tour of the Wright brothers’ camp site, where they conducted their famous experiments.
The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is one of the most iconic landmarks in the Outer Banks. The lighthouse is open to the public and visitors can climb to the top for an incredible view of the surrounding area. The lighthouse is also surrounded by a beautiful park, which is perfect for a picnic or a leisurely stroll.
3) Outer Banks Dining – From Casual to Fine Dining
When you’re planning a trip to the Outer Banks, one of the first things you think about is the food. Will there be enough variety? What type of food will be available? And, most importantly, how good will the food be?
The Outer Banks is home to a wide variety of restaurants, from casual to fine dining. And, no matter what type of food you’re in the mood for, you’re sure to find it here.
One of the best things about the Outer Banks dining scene is the fresh seafood. The OBX is home to some of the best seafood in the country, and you can find it at any of the seafood restaurants on the island.
If you’re looking for a casual dining experience, one of the best places to eat on the Outer Banks is the Black Pelican. The Black Pelican is a beachfront restaurant that serves up fresh, local seafood. The restaurant has a laid-back atmosphere, and the food is served family-style.
For a more upscale dining experience, the Outer Banks has a few great options, too. One of the best places to eat on the Outer Banks for a special occasion is the Aqua Restaurant. The Aqua Restaurant is located in the Sanderling Resort, and it offers a fine dining experience with a view of the ocean. The menu features fresh, local seafood, and the restaurant has an extensive wine list.
Another great option for a special night out is the Red Sky Cafe. The Red Sky Cafe is an award-winning restaurant that serves up creative, modern American cuisine. The restaurant has a beautiful setting, and the food is absolutely amazing.
No matter what type of food you’re in the mood for, you’re sure to find it on the Outer Banks. With so many great restaurants to choose from, you’re sure to have a memorable dining experience on your vacation.
4) Outer Banks Shopping – Unique Stores for Every Budget
When it comes to shopping, the Outer Banks has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for beachwear, souvenirs, or unique gifts, you’ll find it all here. And, with a wide range of prices, there’s something to fit every budget.
Here are four of our favorite Outer Banks shopping experiences:
The Tanger Outlets
If you’re looking for a deal, the Tanger Outlets are the place to go. With over 60 stores, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. And, with brands like Nike, Ann Taylor, and J.Crew, you can find high-quality items at a fraction of the cost.
The Christmas Shop
No matter what time of year it is, the Christmas Shop is always a great place to find unique gifts. From Ornaments to Christmas decorations, they have it all. And, with a wide range of prices, you’re sure to find something within your budget.
The Whalebone General Store
The Whalebone General Store is a must-stop for anyone visiting the Outer Banks. This unique store has a little bit of everything, including local art, clothing, and home goods. You’re sure to find something special here.
The Blue Moon
The Blue Moon is a great place to find unique gifts and souvenirs. With a wide range of items, including jewelry, clothing, and home decor, you’re sure to find the perfect item. And, with a helpful and friendly staff, you’re sure to have a great experience.
5) Outer Banks Accommodations – Choose the Perfect Place to Stay
When planning a vacation to the Outer Banks, one of the most important decisions is finding the perfect place to stay. With so many great options available, it can be tough to narrow it down. To help make the decision easier, we’ve put together a list of five of the best Outer Banks accommodations.
The Sanderling Resort
The Sanderling Resort is a perfect option for those looking for a luxurious and relaxing vacation. The resort is located on the beach, so you can enjoy stunning ocean views and easy access to the water. There are also plenty of great amenities on site, including a spa, fitness center, and restaurants.
The Inn at Corolla Light
The Inn at Corolla Light is a great option for families or groups of friends. The inn offers suites and villas, so there’s plenty of space for everyone. And, there are plenty of great amenities nearby, including a golf course, tennis courts, and a swimming pool.
The Island House Hotel
The Island House Hotel is a great option for those looking for a romantic getaway. The hotel is located on the water, so you can enjoy stunning views of the sound. And, there are plenty of great amenities on site, including a restaurant, bar, and pool.
The Ocean Club at Atlantic Beach
The Ocean Club at Atlantic Beach is a perfect option for those looking for a beach vacation. The resort is located on the water, so you can enjoy easy access to the beach. And, there are plenty of great amenities on site, including a swimming pool, fitness center, and restaurants.
The Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club
The Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club is a great option for those looking for a stylish and modern vacation. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown, so you can enjoy easy access to all the best shops and restaurants. And, there are plenty of great amenities on site, including a swimming pool, fitness center, and rooftop bar.
6) Outer Banks Activities – Fun for the Whole Family
The Outer Banks is a beautiful and unique place that offers tons of fun activities for the whole family. Here are six of our favorite Outer Banks activities that the whole family will enjoy:
- Visit the Wright Brothers National Memorial. This is a must-do for any family visiting the Outer Banks. The Wright Brothers National Memorial is a tribute to the brothers who invented powered flight and changed the world forever. The memorial is located in Kill Devil Hills and is free to enter.
- Take a scenic drive down the Outer Banks Scenic Byway. This 100-mile stretch of road takes you through some of the most beautiful parts of the Outer Banks, including the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. Make sure to stop at some of the many lookout points along the way to take in the stunning views.
- Go fishing. The Outer Banks is a fisherman’s paradise. There are many charter companies that can take you out for a half-day or full-day of fishing. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can go fishing from the shore.
- Visit the Outer Banks Lighthouse. The Outer Banks is home to many lighthouses, but the most iconic is the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The lighthouse is open for tours from April to October.
- Go to the beach. Of course, you can’t visit the Outer Banks without spending some time at the beach. There are many great beaches to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for your family.
- 6.Explore the town of Duck. Duck is a charming town located on the northern Outer Banks. It’s a great place to stroll around, do some shopping, and grab a bite to eat.
7) Outer Banks Events – Something for Everyone
When it comes to events, the Outer Banks has something for everyone! Here are seven events that are sure to please everyone in your group, no matter what their interests may be.
- For the history buffs, the Outer Banks History Center hosts a variety of events throughout the year. From lectures and walking tours to living history demonstrations, there is always something to learn at the History Center.
- The Outer Banks Bluegrass Festival is a can’t-miss event for bluegrass fans. Held every year in early May, the festival features some of the best bluegrass bands in the country.
- Are you a foodie? Then you’ll want to check out the Outer Banks Seafood Festival. Held every October, this event features fresh seafood, local wines, and live music.
- Love the outdoors? Then you’ll want to attend the Outer Banks Paddleboard & Surf Festival. Held every September, this event features races, clinics, and demos for both paddleboarders and surfers.
- For the art lovers, the Outer Banks Art Show is a must-see. Held every October, this event features the work of local artists, as well as artists from all over the country.
- Love to shop? The Outer Banks Shopping Festival is for you! Held every November, this event features special sales, giveaways, and more at participating shops throughout the Outer Banks.
- And last but not least, the Outer Banks Christmas Flotilla is a can’t-miss event for the whole family. Held every December, this event features a parade of boats decorated for the holidays, live music, and Santa Claus himself!
8) Outer Banks Weddings – The Perfect Location for Your
The Outer Banks of North Carolina are a popular destination for destination weddings. With miles of beautiful beaches, stunning sunsets, and plenty of activities for guests, it’s no wonder that so many couples choose to tie the knot here.
There are a few things to keep in mind when planning an Outer Banks wedding, however. Here are eight tips to help you make your big day perfect:
Choose the right location.
The Outer Banks is a large area with many different types of scenery. Do you want a beachfront ceremony? A rustic barn reception? Or something in between? There are plenty of beautiful venues to choose from, so take your time and pick the one that best suits your vision.
Consider the time of year.
The Outer Banks is a popular summer destination, but that doesn’t mean that’s the only time of year you can get married here. In fact, off-season weddings can be even more magical. The weather is still beautiful and the beaches are less crowded. Plus, you’ll likely get a better deal on venues and vendors.
Book your vendors early.
If you’re getting married during the peak season, it’s important to book your vendors as early as possible. The best photographers, florists, and catering companies book up quickly, so don’t wait until the last minute to start looking.
Think about transportation.
If you have out-of-town guests coming to your wedding, you’ll need to think about transportation. There are plenty of options, from renting a shuttle to hiring a ferry. Just be sure to plan ahead so everyone can get where they need to go on time.
Don’t forget the details.
There are a lot of little details that go into planning a wedding, and it’s easy to forget something. Make a list of everything you need to do and be sure to check things off as you go. From sending out invitations to ordering the cake, you don’t want to overlook anything.
Stay within your budget.
It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of planning a wedding and spend more